Saturday, November 15, 2008

LOVE THOSE PINK DISHES!!!!

















I am starting to get the hang of blogging! I am very excited to add a new post today! I LOVE Pink! It has always been one of my favorite colors. When I was 21 I bought my first piece of Pink Cameoware by Harker. I was at the Rosebowl Flea Market and saw the rolling pin and thought it was the prettiest thing I had ever seen! From there, through the years, I have collected almost every pink piece I could find. It seems to be more plentiful in the Midwest, but I have been lucky to find service for 10! I keep my favorite pieces on my old chippy corner cabinet so everyone who comes into my home can see it. My sister Shelley always admired it and eventually started to collect it too! She loves the blue Cameoware and went on a fast and crazy collecting spree for it, but she took it one step further! She saw the yellow Cameoware and thought how beautiful it would look mixed with the blue! Need I say, she now owns both colors and yes, it looks fabulous! The yellow pieces are definately the most rare and you will have to hunt for a loooong time to complete a set!

I hope you enjoyed these pictures! I have to get to bed early tonight so I can get up at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow to shop for more treasures! SWEET DREA!MS....

15 comments:

cheryls fascinatingfinds said...

I didn't know you collected those, there just beautiful!!!! See you at 4 A.M. and love them in your corner cupboard.
good job girlfriend....
Cheryl

cheryls fascinatingfinds said...

I hate it when I spell a word wrong!!!!!!
xoxo me again

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Sandee, welcome to blogland. Thank you so much for your kind words. I love blogging as much as I love attending antique shows, shops, and finding things. If you ever get the chance to come to Texas to the shows, please let me know. I'm adding you to my favs. Have a great evening, Theresa

trash talk said...

Hi Sandee, I'm Debbie and I just love your pink dishes, too. Welcome to the fun world of blogging. This is the most fun you can have in your p.j.'s, ever! Look forward to more posts.

Debra Hall said...

Love the pink post Sandee....hope 2see u soon!
xo Debra

ShabbyInTheCity said...

A new blogger :) Welcome! You'll fit right in! Love your pink dishes display!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Sandee, I'm so happy you started a blog. And a website too! Will be back often to check out your new things.

oxox
Jennifer

cheryls fascinatingfinds said...

Your website is just beautiful, I keep going back to it over and over again. Your so talented, I'm proud of you girlie!!!
Cheryl

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Love the pics of your pink pottery and dish set. Many thanks for sharing your collection and entertaining me during my insomniac night
:-).

Anonymous said...

Wow love it!

Coloradolady said...

Hello. I just found your blog, and I simply had a wonderful visit. I love your pink dishes, they are wonderful. From the looks of things, you are off to a great start with your blog...I loved every minute of my visit!

I host Vintage Thingies Thursdays and feel free to jump in any time and join us!

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

I love your pink dishes too!!
Welcome to blogland! Come over and visit if you get a chance!

Susie said...

Hi Sandee. Your beautiful pink dishes are just delightful! Don't you just love treasure hunting? I am so glad I came across your blog.
Susie of The Polka Dot Rose

www.thepolkadotrose.com

lady jicky said...

I have never seen that range of china but it is so pretty and that hutch you have it displayed in really sets it off!

kanishk said...

I love blogging as much as I love attending antique show
indian classified site